Friday 17 February 2012

Weekday dinners

Mum is right when she said it's quite a headache having to think of what to cook everyday. Kudos to my dearest Mummy and to all wonderful chef-Mummies out there who whip up nutritious meals for their families as a daily affair. The inventory check, shopping list writing and actual grocery shopping is not such an easy task as many would think. 

As I am busy with tuition only theses days amidst some other off-on commitments, I get to have the mornings at home to myself; something I treasure dearly although it can get boring at times...hehe! But the me-time I get in the mornings are simply blissful and peaceful. Other than preparing materials for tuition, the other thing on my agenda would be the day's meals - lunch & dinner. Look at what I managed to whip up within 15minutes that day - nothing too fancy but was really pleased with myself coz I actually set the ingredients aside to make a soup dish but improvised on the spot coz of the weather and time constraints. 

You see, we were going out to jalan after dinner and if I were to make the fish with sze chuan soup as originally planned, it would take much longer; plus the weather was seriously too hot for a soup meal. As such, I decided that we would have something like what the Cze Char stalls do in Singapore, "Rice with Black Pepper Fish (& tomatoes) & an egg on the side" - fast and simple, yay! Way to go Angie! Haha self praise! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment